Many users start with ZipCodeAPI and want to test against their local server and immediately hit a snag. They send us questions similar to the following:
- I am trying to test using this application to see if it will suffice for our needs. I have created an application, but it is only local. When I activate the client side API key it requests a domain. What should I use for local host?
- I have a question regarding my development environment. Is it possible to allow adding source http://locahost:59999 (or some other port number) to the CORS list to allow me to test in development environment?
ZipCodeAPI CORS Issue and the Solution
CORS is cross-origin resource sharing and helps control what sources are allowed to access resources in an application. Here are the steps to resolve to get everything working:
- Go to ClientSide Key Setup and enter Application Key and Email
- Enter the domains allowed access, including localhost for local testing
- Save and you will have a client side key you can use for those domains.
If you have any issues reach out to info @ redline13.com